NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
Effective Date: April 15, 2023
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
Season Health is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your medical information. This Notice of Privacy Practices explains how we may use and disclose your medical information and your rights regarding your information. It is in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other applicable laws.
II. Uses and Disclosures of Your Medical Information
We may use and disclose your medical information for the following purposes:
- Treatment: We may use and disclose your healthcare information to provide, coordinate, or manage your mental health care and related services. This includes sharing information with other healthcare providers involved in your treatment.
- Payment: We may use and disclose your healthcare information to obtain payment for services provided to you. This may involve billing insurance companies, government programs, or other third-party payers.
- Healthcare Operations: We may use and disclose your healthcare information for activities necessary to support our practice’s operations. This includes quality assessment and improvement, training of staff, legal and regulatory compliance, and business planning.
- Appointment Reminders: We may contact you to provide appointment reminders or to reschedule appointments. These reminders may be sent via phone, email, or text message.
- Communication with Individuals Involved in Your Care: With your consent, we may disclose your healthcare information to family members, friends, or other individuals involved in your care. This would be done to facilitate your treatment or to notify them about your condition, location, or general well-being.
- Required by Law: We may use or disclose your healthcare information when required by federal, state, or local law.
- Public Health: We may disclose healthcare information for public health activities, such as reporting communicable diseases or adverse events, as required by law.
- Research: In certain circumstances, we may use or disclose your healthcare information for research purposes. Any research involving your information would be subject to strict privacy protections.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Proceedings: We may disclose your healthcare information in response to a court order, subpoena, or other lawful process. We may also share information with law enforcement agencies regarding crimes committed on our premises or to identify or locate a suspect or witness.
- Health Oversight Activities: We may disclose healthcare information to government agencies or health oversight organizations for activities such as audits, investigations, inspections, and licensure.
- Business Associates: We may disclose your healthcare information to our business associates, who are individuals or organizations that perform services on our behalf. They are obligated to protect the privacy and security of your information.
III. Patient Rights
As a patient, you have the following rights regarding your healthcare information:
- Right to Access: You have the right to access and obtain a copy of your healthcare information held by our practice, with certain limited exceptions. Requests for access should be made in writing to our Privacy Officer.
- Right to Request Amendments: If you believe that your healthcare information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to request an amendment. Your request must be made in writing, providing a reason to support the amendment, and sent to our Privacy Officer.
- Right to an Accounting of Disclosures: You have the right to request a list of certain disclosures of your healthcare information made by our practice in the last six years. The list will not include disclosures made for treatment, payment, healthcare operations, or those authorized by you.
- Right to Request Restrictions: You have the right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your healthcare information. We are not required to agree to your request but will make efforts to accommodate reasonable requests.
- Right to Request Confidential Communications: You have the right to request how we communicate with you about your healthcare information, such as using a specific phone number or address.
- Right to File a Complaint: If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you have the right to file a complaint with our Privacy Officer or with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. Filing a complaint will not affect your care or treatment.
- Protection of Substance Use Information: We understand the sensitive nature of substance use information and are committed to protecting the confidentiality of your substance use-related medical information. Federal laws and regulations, such as 42 CFR Part 2, provide additional protections for substance use disorder information. We will comply with these regulations and limit the disclosure of your substance use information, except as required by law or with your written consent.
- Mandatory Reporting Obligations: As healthcare providers, we have mandatory reporting obligations in cases where we have reason to suspect child abuse, elder abuse, or threats of harm to yourself or others. In such situations, we are legally required to make reports to the appropriate authorities for further investigation or intervention, even without your consent or notification.
IV. Our Responsibilities
We are committed to:
- Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your healthcare information.
- Providing you with this Notice of Privacy Practices and following its terms.
- Notifying you in the event of a breach of your unsecured medical information.
- Abiding by the terms of the Notice currently in effect.
V. Contact Information
If you have any questions, concerns, or would like further information about our privacy practices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Season Health, 10209 W Central, Suite 1, Wichita, KS 67212, 316-841-6861, firstname.lastname@example.org
VI. Changes to this Notice
We reserve the right to modify this Notice of Privacy Practices at any time. Any material changes will be promptly posted in our office and on our website, if applicable.
Effective Date of this Notice: April 15, 2023